AppleScript Support

I would love to see AppleScript or other scripting support available for Flying Logic. I use AppleScript to do a lot of heavy lifting and integration for me between applications, and I’d like to be able to drive Flying Logic application behavior as much as possible.

I also happen to use an application called Hook for linking files and links together for easy access. So basic support for accessing the name and file properties of the front window’s document from System Events would be super useful to integrate FLP with the rest of my ecosystem:

tell application "System Events"
		tell process "Flying Logic Pro"
			tell document of first window
				set theName to name --Fails due to name being inaccessible
				set theFilePath to file's POSIX path --Fails because the 'file' property is missing
			end tell
		end tell
	end tell
2 Likes

Thanks for posting @rigorjunky. If I may add, there is a bit of background on linking APIs here: Creating and Modifying Integration Scripts – Hook. But as @rigorjunky implies, all that’s needed is to get the title and URL of the current document. Then Hook will create a hook://file URL that can heuristically be used — even if the file is moved, stored in a version control system or cloud share, or emailed to someone. (hook://file is like a scheme for Finder aliases.)

That way, Flying Logic files can be bidirectionally linked to just about anything, which seems in the spirit of Flying Logic being a cognitive app. I’m delighted to discover this software. Thanks @rigorjunky!

Disclosure. I’m a member of CogSci Apps which develops Hook.