Export to graphics programs

If people want to take a Flying Logic diagram and play with it in Visio (or OmniGraffle) or other graphics packages, it might be nice to have a means to export to Scaled Vector Graphic or the Visio XML format that is fairly “generic” and openable by other graphics programs.

This might be similar to the desire to “Export to HTML 5” request. I believe they are all XML formats.

4 Likes

I have a related problem. I love the way I can create CRTs and other logic trees in flying logic. Unfortunately at some point I have to create a presentation, something that is especially optimized for reading, where I can add comments, add spacing and so on and might even need to share it.
Now I am totally aware that these are not the value propositions of flying logic.

I would like to use LucidCharts for the visual candy. I am aware that LucidCharts is not an industry standard. But LucidCharts is able to import Visio Files. Which would come close to a standard.

A direct export from flying logic to visio would help greatly. (I read another answer but unfortunately I personally lack a graphics department to which I could send the tree to be converted manually.)

Are there any plans to make a direct export available?
Or did someone succeed in finding an indirect way to export to visio (Flying Logic → … → … → Visio)?
I could live with such an approach. It would not be perfect, but for that tree with more than 100 entities I am not going to convert it manually by myself… At least I would really really prefer not to.

I tried to get my head around scripting but was not able to produce anything useful.

You’re not the first person to ask: we are definitely looking into ways to export to Visio.