Support MacOS Ventura

Hi. I know you don’t support beta versions of OSes. But I thought it’s better you are aware of a potential incompatibility between FL and the newest beta 2 of MacOS Ventura.
The issues are:

• When opening FL, the new document that is automatically created is not visible.
  • When clicking on the FL icon in the Dock and selecting “Show All Windows”, the view is switched to what is supposedly the new document. Its borders are visible, but the content is hidden.
  • Clicking on any menu item, say File to reveal its sub-items doesn’t show the available items.
  • Interesting, though, that older versions work well :slight_smile:
    Thanks

Hassan, thank you for the notes. If you discover anything else, you can let us know via support@flyinglogic.com.

Thanks, Luna,
BTW, it would be a good idea to provide a link to download the FL installer for registered customers. Currently, if customers need to re-install FL and don’t have the installer, they have to provide their details again, which is cumbersome. I think a link to the latest build will do!

Best,

2 Likes

My problem is solved! What I did are:

• I simultaneously held the option and shift keys and clicked the FL icon.
  • Viola! A window appeared that told me my app was not registered.
  • I re-entered my credentials, and everything seems to work again.
  • I am now using the newest beta 3 of Ventura (released yesterday).

So, it is not true there is an incompatibility between MacOS Ventura and FL.

Thanks

Hassan,

Thank you so much for reporting back in! That doesn’t seem to be the correct behavior even for Reader (not-registered) mode, however, so it’s still a good idea that engineering takes a look at it.

Cheers,
Luna

Hello,
I have the same issue (Mac Os Ventura Version 13.0 - 22A379)
Tried as well to follow the suggested workaround but indeed nothing happened in my case.
Any idea on how to solve this?
Thanks
Brunello

Hi all, just a heads up that this behaviour still exists in the launched version of Ventura/FL. I really need my FL - sending a support mail…

/edit - I’ve discovered the source of the problem. It’s actually the same problem that affected an earlier macOS version… tabs.

The workaround is to go into the (new) System Settings app in Ventura, navigate to “Desktop & Dock” and change “Prefer tabs when opening documents” to “Never”.

/edit 2 - huh, and now it doesn’t work again. :frowning:

Nick,

We were able to recreate WITHOUT the tabs workaround you posted, but not WITH the workaround in place. We are investigating.

1 Like

Glad to see you’re on the case. :slight_smile:

Workaround here!

• Ensure you have the latest Java version installed
  • Right click on the Flying Logic application
  • Choose Show Package Contents
  • Navigate to Contents > Java
  • Open flying_logic.jar

<3

on Mac M1 with Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68): only the FL menu was visible (unresponsive in gray) but after “Open flying_logic.jar” in the workaround above, the app started indeed. Then in the menu I could “Help > Check For Updates” and after downloading and installing FL version 3.1.4 for mac M1, I’m unstuck. Thanks for the jar tip.