To accept Donations or not - That is the question

Donations_vs_Payments_and_Donations.xlogic (43.9 KB)

I’m not sure you are using the AND junctor operator correctly.

1 Like

Virgil,

I can guarantee you, that you’re correct.

Right now, my main goal is to become familiar with the interface and hot keys, and to practice those by illustrating moderately complex topics & podcasts for personal reference.

It’s not necessary - for me, anyway - to ‘get it right’ the first time. I’m more interested in the mechanics right now ; and am willing to pay the price later of unlearning something later, if need be.

Hi FLExplorer,
I understand. But, IMHO, if you only need a tool for diagrams or mind-mapping, there are simpler (and cheaper), and more adequate tools out there. From what I understand, this tool addresses a very interesting niche of preoccupations (something rarely addressed in software applications) like Formal Logic, the Theory of Constraints, Mathematical logic, Critical Thinking, Argumentation theory, etc. Inside this context, the connectors (like AND) have a very specific role. So, it’s a bit of a waste to use it as merely a conjunction. They are just not intended for that. Now, I understand you want to familiarize yourself with the elements of the tool. I guess, what I’m trying to say is that why not familiarize with their true identity.

1 Like

“if you only need a tool for diagrams or mind-mapping, there are simpler (and cheaper), and more adequate tools out there.”

I’ve used several of those tools, and sampled many others. Flying Logic is what I like the most.

Also, because of the scripting language, it’s possible to export diagrams into useful formats that might be useful in the future, and that the developer might not have anticipated.

“What I’m trying to say is that why not familiarize with their true identity.”

Because that’s not my primary interest in the tool, at least right now. I have lots of things on the plate, and am not willing to waste time learning to use a tool in a way that may or may not interest me in the future.

Right now, I’m primarily interested in illustrating theses or expositions of topics that make it easier to understand the topic and see the relationships quickly. FL is helping with that, and thanks to the developers.