Way to "absorb" an entity into the existing line

I’d like an inverse of the Insert Entity command. Here’s an example. I have an entity whose only successor is an AND junction which connects to 3 other entities. If I click on AND and delete it, those entities fly off to the left and connecting them back to their predecessor by dragging new or moving connectors is much more difficult because they are further apart. I’d like an option (Command+Delete would be awesome) to preserve the connected predecessors and successors around the item I am deleting. Then, in my example, the end state from hitting Command+Delete would be the AND junction goes away and the 3 other entities now connect directly to the first entity.

Quick mockup:

You could quickly do it like this:

Dec-02-2021 16-38-28

1 Like

Yep. My diagram is just far more complicated than just that one section, it’s a lot of steps to do what I think of as one thing, and it requires me to remember to turn on incremental layout or it becomes a mess of scrolling around too. Would love to have one new command in place of all of that. :slight_smile:

Sure, absolutely.

I do like the idea of a modifier key as you suggested, as I think there is a difference in intention between deleting an And, and deleting an And and reconnecting to the And’s source(s).

1 Like